Wednesday, February 23, 2011

3 Modes of Persuasion Speech - Big Screen TV in My Bedroom

Pathos
I believe that I deserve a big television in my room for many reasons that both benefit you and me. One main reason is that the would be less fighting in the house. There is current one television allocated to me and my sister and several debates arise due to this. Having two different people, one boy one girl, trying to decide between a program can be difficult. The endless yelling must be driving you crazy. Therefore I suggest that I get a television in my room for if my sister were to have one in her room she would never leave for she only comes out to watch television. If I had a television in my room me and my sister would have less fights and the family would be happier.

Ethos

I believe that i should have a television in my room for the simple fact that I would like it. A television would make me happy because it is something that I want to stop arguing with my sister. I am sick of arguing and fighting with her and this compromise would sort out this issue. I could help pay for the television and I need one more than my sister because she rarely comes out of her room compared to me who doesn't spend much time in my room. I would therefore spend more time in my room and be get out of your hair. 


Logos
I believe that I should have a television in my room because it would make me less likely to complain. My sister and I have endless fights about the television allocated to both of us. If I had a television in my room I would be in a good mood from less fights and would be able to relax in the serene environment of my bedroom. This would also make me more happy because I will have something that I like. This will make me more inclined to do something for you such as housework. For these reasons I believe that I should have a big television in my room.

1 comment:

  1. Adam you have some very good reasons but I don't really see how you are exposing each mode of persuasion in each of the speeches. I think that your best speech was the Pathos one as you have a very logical reasons on why you should have a television in your room. A good idea would be to have paragraphs for the speeches - intro, body and conclusion.

    ReplyDelete