Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Letters for The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas

Pavel to his family regarding living in the camp and working for Bruno's family.


To my dearest family,
Although the harsh endurance of the holocaust experience has taken its toll on the Jewish race, I have but a small window of opportunity to escape the horror. A slaves job is not easy, as well as the abuse from the soldiers, but is what price i have to pay to escape the camp and near death by gas. The delightful little boy, 'Master Bruno' is ever so kind and makes the whole day less agonising. His innocence is one to be admired, as well as his friendship and true self-of-sense which allows me to connect with him. His poor face and mind that has been effected by the evil soldier who attacked me. I now grow ill from the attack, my life is beginning to fade. I would love to hear you once more,
                                                                                            Pavel


Shmuel to his family back in Poland (if they were still alive) about his life in the camp and his best friend Bruno.


To mother and father,
This camp is horrible, i want to go home, i want to escape from here, i think i am going to die soon. The guards beat us, they yell at us, they treat us like dirt, whilst they live in fancy houses. I meet a nice boy though; my friend is Bruno. He is the same age as me and we have the same Birthday. He lives outside the camp; he is on the other-side of the fence. His father is a soldier, and he believes that he is a good, kind soldier, but i think all of the soldiers are mean. We both hate this one soldier though, Lt. Kotler. He is a bully and he picks on me and Bruno. Bruno is the only one who is nice to me and brings happiness to me. He doesn't understand a lot about my situation though, he doesn't know why i am in the camp. As much as i like Bruno, i want to be with you and free from this camp. Write back soon,
                                                                                        Shmuel

No comments:

Post a Comment